First of all, a pleasant and happy new year to all!
I am so glad that Philippines' broadcasting giant had denied yesterday in TV Patrol World that the supposed Filipino version of the movie hit and book bestseller "Twilight" would be on air this 2009. According to rumors, ABS-CBN bought the rights for $1Million of the said story.
This was allegedly the poser, I mean, poster for the said project.

Yes, it was only photoshopped (halata naman eh!) by some Twilight fanatic (or a member of an ABS-CBN demolition team). And yes, these two young stars (Shaina Magdayao and Rayver Cruz) are supposed to be Bella and Edward. According also to the rumors, this remake should be ABS' answer to GMA's remake of Zorro (what the hell!).
The following are supposedly the local counterparts for the Twilight actors...

as Emmett

as Angela

as Charlie

as Alice

as Carlisle

as Rosalie

as Mike

as Renee

as Laurent

as Jessica
I am so glad that Philippines' broadcasting giant had denied yesterday in TV Patrol World that the supposed Filipino version of the movie hit and book bestseller "Twilight" would be on air this 2009. According to rumors, ABS-CBN bought the rights for $1Million of the said story.
This was allegedly the poser, I mean, poster for the said project.
Yes, it was only photoshopped (halata naman eh!) by some Twilight fanatic (or a member of an ABS-CBN demolition team). And yes, these two young stars (Shaina Magdayao and Rayver Cruz) are supposed to be Bella and Edward. According also to the rumors, this remake should be ABS' answer to GMA's remake of Zorro (what the hell!).
The following are supposedly the local counterparts for the Twilight actors...
as Emmett
as Angela
as Charlie
as Alice
as Carlisle
as Rosalie
as Mike
as Renee
as Laurent
as Jessica
But actually, the network's denial is the hoax. They actually had placed a news page on their website: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/12/24/08/abs-cbn-bags-rights-local-twilight-remake
I personally saw the news right before it was locked by the network giant. The moment I read that ABS-CBN brags, ehem, bags the rights to remake Twilight, I signed in on the online petition not to pursue the project. And yes, there is a petition against the remake. I guess this petition was the real reason why ABS-CBN shelved the supposedly first project of Karylle in ABS-CBN.
Don't worry fans, there is a better version anyway....

yes, nagtaka nga ako why Abs-Cbn denied it. Confusing! Hey, agree ako for the petition. gaya-gaya, puto maya na kasi kung may remake pa ng Twilight, diba ?
ReplyDelete