Wednesday, October 15, 2008

On-Line English Teaching

I have been a Math tutor for many years now and I can say that I have been successful. Most of my students have improved their grades in any of their Mathematics subject. Though I know some students did fail and some did not improve at all, I generally believe that I am an efficient Math teacher. Well, most parents and students are satisfied with "my way of teaching."Every quarter, specially during examination periods, I am having difficulty in squeezing in my hectic schedule because some previous students would make again an appointment. Though very tiring, I still find it rewarding every time I hear students or parents thanking me for the "help" I made. Actually, "my way of teaching" is not really my way. It was really "our way" because we do team teaching in our tutorial center but on a one-on-one student-teacher set-up.

Last August, my Mom was surfing the net and she came across this site OnTue.com. This is a site where on-line students (mostly Koreans) learn and on-line English language teachers (mostly Filipinos) teach. It's a free site affiliated with many other on-line English language teaching sites mostly based in Korea. My Mom and I find it a very promising way to earn income but my sisters, who were also my fellow tutors in our tutorial center, find it nothing at all. I told them that we have a very big potential of earning if we enter into this side of tutorial since we have the location, the time and the skills. But I forgot that our PC lacked on one major factor for this industry - the sound card.

If you would want to teach on-line, here's what you got to do:
  1. Register in Ontue.com
  2. Be sure you have a sound-card in your P.C.
  3. Follow the steps on-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scratch your thoughts here, unless it's SPAM!